Professor Emeritus of Physics
Ph.D. 1962, M.A. 1958, B.S. 1956 (physics), Harvard
Office Address: 4 Washington Place, Room 621
New York, NY 10003
Phone: (212) 998-7643
Personal Homepage: http://physics.nyu.edu/~pch2/PierreHohenberg.html
Research Interests: Condensed matter physics, statistical physics, non-equilibrium phenomena, foundations of quantum mechanics and philosophy of science
|>||Condensed Matter Physics|
- The artist meets geometry, in Catalogue of an Exhibit of Works by John Duff, West Broadway Galleries, May 6, 2016.
- “An introduction to the Ginzburg—Landau theory of phase transitions and nonequilibrium patterns” , P.C. Hohenberg and A.P. Krekhov, Physics Reports 572 (2015) 1—42.
- “Compatible Quantum Theory”, by R Friedberg and P C Hohenberg, Rep. Prog. Phys. 77 (2014) 092001 (34pp).
- Videos of Lecture Course entitled “The Ginzburg-Landau Equation and its Many Generalizations” (2013)
- Colloquium: An introduction to consistent quantum theory, Rev. Mod. Phys. 82, 2835 (2010).
- What is Science? (unpublished 2010). An editorial featuring this article appeared in Science 338, 1511 (2012).
- Science, Religion and the Teaching of Evolution (unpublished 2010).
CV and Publication List: